Yes I just called an event checklist template “gorgeous” and that’s because you want to download, save and use these gorgeous event checklists, that is if you’re a list lover like me of course.
Lists and more specifically checklists are a great tool to stay organized an to organize meetings, events, workshops and in general to organize your day. Great checklists have a few things in common. They are:
- Brief: each point of your checklist should be short and “to the point” this isn’t the place to write paragraph long explanations of what you’re trying to say, instead you can refer to a separate document which will document this point OR break it down to compose additional steps of your event checklist template.
- Important: each point should list the most important items or items that tend to be forgotten during the event, you can include time frames and dates as well.
- Precise: the event checklist template should not be theoretical, if needed it should include names and phone numbers of contacts for easy access.
- Practical: a checklist should be a list of tasks and not goals, goals are really important to have for every event, however this isn’t the place for them. Take a look at this event proposal template to help you develop your event goals correctly.
- Additional Resources: before you get started with your event checklist template make sure to read this post to get the most out of your list making.
Which Event Checklist Template Is Right for Me?
There are different event checklists that you will see online and in books/magazines. They vary based on the event type (a wedding checklist for example will differ greatly from a trade-show).
There are a couple of things you can do:
a. create a “universal event checklist template” which you can re-use before and during every event you organize, here you’ll have a lot of empty slots since some events won’t use the resources that other event will almost entirely be based on.
b. you can create a few different event checklist templates that will focus on the area of the even you are organizing. For example a marketing event checklist template, a food & beverage event checklist etc.
- Gorgeous template #1 This is a free event checklist template from a University, I like it because it covers essentials such as brainstorming before the event and evaluation after the event. It’s a simple tool that you can use if you’re organizing a medium size event.
- Gorgeous template #2 This one is a comprehensive event checklist template that covers every possible area of an event, it’s very detailed but you can removed and add sections as needed.
- Gorgeous template #3 A great event checklist template with a timeline heading up to the event, an important aspect to consider when making your checklist, a timeline. Also check out this guide on how to find the perfect event planning template .
As you can see an event checklist template can be created quite easily if you have the right templates to choose from, what’s more tricky is knowing which checklist to use when and to build a proper timeline building up to your event, more about that soon.